The general aim of this foundation is to raise awareness about children with disabilities in Nigeria and highlighting the challenges faced by children with disabilities and their families. We also aim to campaign for these children to get better services in order to promote good quality of lives.
We work in partnership with children with disabilities in raising awareness about their needs; this will enable everyone within our community to work in partnership in promoting the quality of lives of these children
We also to provide information, advocacy, advice and support available within our resources to promote social inclusion, respect, dignity and right to life of children with disabilities. We also aim to maximise the potentials of these children with disabilities by providing advice, education, information and other available resources that will promote enabling environment and empowerment.
We also listen and learn from people, agencies (private & public organisations) and specialist medical professionals who support our goals of raising awareness of these children’s needs and supporting these children and their families, in order to ensure that these children are effectively supported in leading good quality of lives.
- To provide advice, information and support to children with disabilities and their families that can improve their quality of lives.
- To promote their respect, dignity and right to fulfilling life.
- To prevent being discriminated upon and encourage social inclusion
- To encourage freedom of choice
- To encourage freedom from physical and sexual abuse
- To encourage social integration in the community, thereby reducing social stigma attached to families with children who have disabilities.
- To work collaboratively with medical professionals and other sister agencies in order to achieve more for children with disabilities & their families
- Respond to the needs of these children by agreeing on strategies that will shape the lives and future of children with disabilities.
- To change the misconceptions associated with disabilities
- To encourage appreciation of difference within communities
- To empower children with disabilities and their primary givers
- To collect data (this very important in order to monitor progress and evaluate)
- To put the views and opinions of these students in the fore front
- To have a Say in their learning.
- To check whether the infrastructures, facilities& resources meet the minimum standard